Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pepper Spray Jockstrap

The umpteenth

last rains. The only valid measure - and this is independent of a mayor unable - to lower pollution in Milan.
Well, finally ... today we have a meeting with the agency that is reflected off before Christmas. It is a formality and we know it well. We receive only because we are presented by one of their major customer. We should receive, even if we did not mind anything.
The name of the agency is the usual combination of letters and numbers. Pronounced according to English spelling takes very deep meanings and intriguing, but for someone like me, chews a little, it remains a kind of alphanumeric password.
But I do not want to seem conceited or snobbish idea some brilliant managers, never mind. If anything I have to be out by this kind of logic, I put to myself out of time.
How did the advertising unbearable? "Because I live with my time ... with the progress, performance "(1). Well, let's face it, these things are a bit 'i loathe. If being a snob means using terms equivalent to the Italian rather than American, then a little 'snob really are.
Never mind the fact that I gave myself when I renamed my Anglican structure, under the illusion that this was enough to brighten my professional life. And he was also to pay tribute to a master of cinema and trends cross in which I have always recognized, but for now this has nothing to do.
Nothing to do, so for example, those with children playing games with words like "T4-2", which could be read Tea for two. There
receives a kid in a suit that may not reach the age of thirty. I am amazed. I was expecting one of those about fifty sixty trombones and instead I have to feel old and outdated. I do not even, do not tell a complete, but even a jacket, only one of four shirts that I gave my mother a pair of jeans and Nike five years ago at least. The old Montgomery remembers the first chair of the Board Craxi, it makes me sweat, while my wife, who home- not silent a moment and which, because of that, I entrusted the job of account executive, does not open his mouth.
However I can not make me dislike this kid, because it is not. It will be because it is a account - then that would be for the vendor, or account manager. By this standard, my father, who was a salesman for a textile company, he could define tissue account, but never mind.
As always in all the recent discussions we had, apart from the usual corporate Pippone:
"in your facility who are you?" Ask him.
"For two hours - I say - but according to the needs that arise, we are able to activate a network of professionals that allow us to satisfy the most varied ... bla bla bla. "
I say this as you repeat the little lesson learned by heart, with conviction in the tone of voice and body language, but the first to get bored with same old broken record is really me.
"Oh, - he says - I see, now we are more than one hundred and forty."
Meanwhile, my balls dropped into stockings and listen with patience and a certain stoicism this kid who sings the many facets of its business, using such a number of specialized terms that do not even know existed. The iPhone will ring, but politely turns it off. I hope that the old nokia pathetic and do not put in play with the sudden ringing of an old rotary phone to spare the humiliation of pulling it out of his pocket.
then takes us on a tour to the agency that, needless to say, staying in an old restored foundry. We pretend interest and admiration, perhaps simulating the same himself, but we have all understood that many of us would not know what to do.
At home or studio, then that is the same thing, I expect the last two pages of work for the former director, made that on trust, or rather, hope that is of interest to any publisher who tries to place it. I am convinced more and more that we are now living in the parallel world of the excluded, the unemployed, the outcasts, exiles. It seems the same in all of which were debated, but in ours, the fact that everything is systematically wrong, it is a physical law is impossible to refute.

(1) I pretend not to know, but she said Claudia Schiffer in a L'Oreal advertisement.

0 comments:

Post a Comment