Monday, January 31, 2011

Does Ice Cream Hoodies Run Big?

The trumpet and drop the jar

Friday I went by car to pick up my son, back from a minor operation to the foot.
It is not my habit to turn to Milan by car, too much traffic, too many bottlenecks - limited traffic zones, change of directions, road closures for work on the metro - I prefer to move with the media, unless it should go in places ill-served or in special cases like the one on Friday.
The proof of what I say is very simple: I own this car since 2004 and I've done 23,000 km. This means that, with rounding, I traveled about 3,300 miles a year, of which two thirds and one third on holiday, that is 1,100 kilometers, less than nine per day in the city.
When I go to make the cut at Renault, the mechanics laugh and tease me because he did not believe that so little progress in seven years, then watch the odometer and quickly become serious. "So true!" I say thinking I wanted to take the piss. Why
this rigamarole to kilometers, holidays and city? Simple, because even though it runs a little way and I happen to use the car and not once every ten to fifteen days, it always ends up that I find policeman, a policeman, the Highway Patrol and even the financial police that stops me. Yet I have never had a face like a thug or pimp, and much less to shady drug dealer. Indeed. My problem has always been to have the good-natured face, not by Vallanzasca. Maybe it is just that. Better to stop one that almost certainly will not give problems, instead of someone else who might pull out a knife and it all ends in disgust.
I think I'm one of the people, in relation to mileage, can boast the highest percentage of checks by the police.
Generally I do not care that much because, knowing that this is my destiny, they are up to ninety-nine times out of a hundred. Exactly, there is always one per cent that will ruin your life.
So Friday I go to get C. in Via Mauro Macchi. I make a piece of Corso Buenos Aires, and when I turn into Via Boscovich, I find it blocked by a tripod. Refurbishment of the pavements and road closed at the corner of Buenos Aires. How likely is it to find it would be closed within a year? I'd be up trecentossessantacinque. three hundred sixty-six if it was a leap year.
Patience, I will turn to the right a couple of bars later, in Casati, then will turn right again until you cross Via Boscovich. While
played on a Casati, just around the corner, I see two fighters, but I do not even shit to smear and then they are so quiet, more than anything else I would lose time. From Via Casati
right turn into via Lecco, mistake and then instead of continuing to Via Benedetto Marcello, turn right on Via San Gregorio. I'm tempted to do five or six feet in reverse to return via Benedetto Marcello, then I say: "No, let it be, is full of watchful waiting only that, how do they catch even the slightest shit now." Rearrange my lap, so it takes ... I'm back in Buenos Aires, I'm going to turn into Via Casati, but firefighters, who had not moved from the corner, this time I spotted and stop me. "And you thought! - I say to myself - it turns out that these do make me late. "
"We favor the license and the registration certificate, please?". At least they're polite, I think.
"Oh, but here's a big problem," says one. I know what the problem is. This is the revision. I was convinced to have to do this year, but I like a worm that gnawed at me for a while ', and now I'm sure he was right.
"I have to breach them, indeed, knows that you could not even move. It can only use the car to go to an authorized ". One hundred and sixty euro.
Usually there are two types of drivers: those who pray and begin to invent a thousand excuses, whine, do funny, fall from the clouds and those who pay and stop.
I, proud and touchy, I never humiliated anyone to pray. Never have I seen a policeman before tearing a fine not to sob stories, so do not make comedy look fine to me as if I were a man which does neither hot nor cold, and this is probably the only decent response from give to those who take a percentage of the misfortunes of others. What could care
brigades that I am unemployed, or who uses the car every two weeks, or it's going to take my son who can not walk?
Exactly, nothing.

PS: Contrary to all expectations, from Brescia drew. Would be in the studio tomorrow afternoon. Needless to say, the small lamp of hope which was about to go off was slightly brightened. It is not that shines like a beacon in the night, rather like a lantern in a mountain hut while it's dark outside and snowing.
I hope that Brescia is one of those people who are blinded by lights and cotillons , for my study - as is common practice throughout most of Europe - is in harmony with my apartment. Do not build in a corner room, but a large room well furnished with everything that can be used to work. It also the rest of the house is distinct from the study by an antechamber and a separate entrance.
What do I think or I hope? If part of those people who do not understand a thing, do not even understand what I do. If the hope it will open into something more, I can only know tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment